Boy Robot by Simon Curtis
Publication Date: November 15th 2016
Publisher: Simon Pulse (Imprint of Simon & Schuster)
Blurb: “There once was a boy who was made, not created.
In a single night, Isaak’s life changed forever.
His adoptive parents were killed, a mysterious girl saved him from a team of soldiers, and he learned of his own dark and destructive origin.
An origin he doesn’t want to believe, but one he cannot deny.
Isaak is a Robot: a government-made synthetic human, produced as a weapon and now hunted, marked for termination.
He and the Robots can only find asylum with the Underground—a secret network of Robots and humans working together to ensure a coexistent future.
To be protected by the Underground, Isaak will have to make it there first. But with a deadly military force tasked to find him at any cost, his odds are less than favorable.
Now Isaak must decide whether to hold on to his humanity and face possible death…or to embrace his true nature in order to survive, at the risk of becoming the weapon he was made to be.
In his debut, recording artist Simon Curtis has written a fast-paced, high-stakes novel that explores humanity, the ultimate power of empathy, and the greatest battle of all: love vs. fear.
Read on for five reasons to read Boy Robot…
1. This is robots like you’ve never seen them before
- Boy Robot is such a fresh and original take on robots and AI.
- Nothing is as it seems and anything is possible and you won’t see it coming.
IT’S JUST AN AMAZING BOOK OKAY!
2. It’ll make your bookshelf look pretty
- Look at this book, it’s so beautiful sometimes I take it off the shelf to stare at it ~
I’m not weird I swear~
- The cover for Robot Army looks just as amazing
3. Simon has literally given you a playlist
- Like have you ever wished there was a ready made playlist of amazing songs?
- Simon has given us that, including an aptly titled song ~ Boy Robot ~ and an album titled RA ~ read Robot Army~
- And if that’s not enough for your reading needs he has another 2 released albums!
4. It’s so queer
- This is no token side gay character, its a goddamn rainbow ~ to quote The Love Interest (Cale Dietrich) “I’m the protagonist, fucker!”
5. It’s the only time in history – ever – where you be glad to hear book 2 has been pushed back
- So when I first read that Robot Army wouldn’t be released until 2019 (rather than Nov ’17) I was pretty sad given the amount of love I have for Simon’s writing but, but, then he told us the reason why and *clutches chest* my gay heart is full of rainbows and unicorn glitter
- This is what I’m here for
- Look this good probably fit in with point four but honestly *throws glitter*
Bonus ~ Simon is an angel
- The dedication is beautiful, he works with it the It Gets Better Project and his refusal to be anyone but himself is inspiring