So to jump right…
1. Is there any reason for this shelf being organised the way it is or is it purely random?
This is my (work-in-progress) queer Tor titles bookshelf, though the books themselves aren’t organised beyond series.
Books on the shelf:
~ Magic for Liars by Sarah Gailey
~ Amberlough (x2), Armistice and Amnesty by Lara Elena Donnelly
~ The Perfect Assassin by KA Doore
~ Docile by KM Szpara
~ The Monster of Elendhaven by Jennifer Giesbrecht
~ Silver in the Wood by Emily Tesh
~ The Tiger’s Daughter, The Phoenix Empress & The Warrior Moon by K Arsenault Rivera
~ Gideon The Ninth by Tamsyn Muir
~ A Darker Shade of Magic, A Gathering of Shadows and A Conjuring of Light by VE Schwab
~ Vier Farben Der Magie by VE Schwab
~ The Ruin of Kings & The Name of All Things by Jenn Lyons
2. Tell us a story about one of the books on this shelf that is special to you i.e. how you got it/a memory associated with it, etc.
Docile! I legit fucking screamed when I opened the packaged. It is hands down my single-most anticipated release of 2020. I had been trying since Feb to see if I could get a review copy be it physical or an eARC but I figured since I was international it was highly likely I’d get nothing at all. So to get a physical arc at the end of July, months before release legit sent me.
3. Which book from this shelf would you ditch if you were forced to and why?
That’s just cruel quite frankly. But if I absolutely had to probably my German edition of ADSOM since I have the English one and I haven’t been practising lately so my German is abysmal 💀
4. Which book from this shelf would you save in an emergency and why?
I mean if I can’t do all of them then at the very least Docile for the reasons mentioned above and the fact it’s an ARC which is a little harder to replace.
5. Which book has been on this shelf for the longest time?
I do believe the Tiger’s Daughter since I got that when it first released (which was still only 2017), though these are all rather recent releases so it’s not exactly a long long time 😅
I owned the Shades of Magic beforehand but because I sold my standard copies and got the special editions, technically I haven’t had them as long.
6. Which book is the newest addition to this shelf?
The Name of All Things, which I received from Pan Macmillan. Fucking love these books, the series is *chef’s kiss*
7. Which book from this shelf are you most excited to read (or re-read if this is a favourites shelf?)
A reread of Docile! I have no words for how much I loved it and I was ready for round two as soon as I finished it the first time.
8. If there is an object on this shelf apart from books, tell us the story behind it.
There are, though you can’t see them in the shelfie photo. An official Red London standard mark by Badali Jewellery and the House cards from Gideon the Ninth!
9. What does this shelf tell us about you as a reader?
I’m hella gay and Tor provides.
10. Choose other bloggers to tag or choose a free question you make up yourself.
As always even if you’re not tagged feel free to do it and tag me!
This was a lot of fun so keep an eye out because I’ll likely be featuring another shelf soon.